in cooperation with Hofstra University New York / USA
This course provides students with an understanding of concepts that are fundamental to accounting decisions made within global companies.
Cross-cultural Competences and Communication
Topics include the role of managerial accounting in helping companies to earn profits and manage costs, through techniques such as:
- cost-volume-profit analysis
- and other managerial accounting concepts.
These topics will be explored and analyzed utilizing technology techniques used by business professionals. It is helpful if students have previously taken an introductory financial accounting course, but this is not required.
1st of April
Deadline of Registration
Day of Arrival
Day of Departure
At the end of the course all participants receive a certificate of attendance. Participants who take an exam receive a transcript of records.
The Hochschule Bremen / HSB awards for this course 8 credit points-ECTS / 6 credit hours – the US.
* Please note: These credits can be transferred to your home university/institution. It is recommended to verify with your home university/institution that the grades you earn in Bremen can be applied to your curriculum or course of study.
The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students and young professionals. Minimum age 18 years.
C1-C2 / Proficient user (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages / CEFR)
Minimum age 18 years.
- Information packet with city guide
- Seminars and lectures
- Teaching material
- Program related excursion
- Ticket for public transport in Bremen (bus+tram)
- Travel expenses
- Accommodation in Bremen
- Insurance: Health, accident and liability insurance
- Board and personal spendings
- Participation in optional activities
The program may be subject to change.