German Language, Culture and Regional Studies
For all who want to learn German or would like to activate and optimize their German language competences. The focus lies on an efficient and practice-oriented language training in order to improve oral and written communication skills. You can expect interesting varied topics about Germany, its people and its culture.
|Beginner||A1.1||20 hours of class per week||Language instruction for participants with no previous knowledge of German|
|Basic Level||A1/A2||20 hours of class per week||Language instruction for participants with a little previous knowledge of German|
|Intermediate Level||B1/B2||20 hours of class per week||Language instruction for participants with an advanced knowledge of German|
|Advanced Level||C1/C2||20 hours of class per week||Language instruction for participants with good to very good German language skills|
Levels A1 – C2 in the table refer to the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages – CeF. For participants with no previous knowledge of the German language a beginner course is offered. CeF overview: PDF Donwload
- Brushing up your language skills and improving your active command of German
- Activation and deepening of the linguistic competences
- Improvement of oral expression / free speech
- Practice oriented application of the German present-day language
- Conversation on current topics and trends
- Regional studies and everyday culture
- Project Day
- Pronunciation and intonation (basic level)
- Conversation and interaction
- Applied Grammar
- Workshop ““Intercultural Competence““
Students of all disciplines and graduates. Minimum age 18 years.
The assignment of the participants to the respective levels is carried out by a placement test on the first day after your arrival. The language lessons take place in the morning (9.00 h – 12.30 h). In addition to the daily language instruction, various optional seminars and workshops are offered in the afternoon, which can be chosen by the participants.
Deadline of Registration
Departure of Bremen
At the end of the course all participants receive a certificate of attendance. The participants who take an exam receive a transcript of records. The Hochschule Bremen / HSB awards for this course 8 credit points-ECTS / 6 credit hours – US.
* Please note: These credits can be transferred to your home university/institution. It is recommended to verify with your home university/institution that the grades you earn in Bremen can be applied to your curriculum or course of study.
The faculty consists of graduated lecturers for German as a foreign language.
- speak German as their mother tongue or have mother tongue competences;
- are experienced in working with participants from different countries and cultures;
- lessons based on modern linguistic teaching and learning concepts.
- Information packet with city guide
- Seminars and lectures
- Teaching material
- Program related excursion
- Ticket for public transport in Bremen (bus+tram)
- Travel expenses
- Accommodation in Bremen
- Insurance: Health, accident and liability insurance
- Board and personal spendings
- Participation in optional activities
The program may be subject to change.