International Summer School for Advanced Study
Hochschule Bremen – HSB / Germany
- Intensive course: 60 hours / one field trip included
- Course language: English
- Number of participants: circa 20
Course date / schedule
8 July – 2 August 2018 / morning session
Deadline of registration: 17th of April 2018
B2-C2 / Intermediate and advanced level
4 credit hours - US / 8 credit points-ECTS*
* Please note: These credits can be transferred to your home university/institution. It is recommended to verify with your home university/institution that the grades you earn in Bremen can be applied to your curriculum or course of study.
Syllabus and Faculty
|Lectures, excursion and assessments||60 hours|
|Group work, individual preparation and reading||50 hours|
|Total duration||110 hours|
Survey course of the importance of global issues as firms attempt to complete across the world. Key topics include: anticipating and preparing for global competition, understanding international trade theory and differences in political economies, reviewing global and regional economic integration, considering international market entry processes, and examining key cross-cultural issues affecting business operations. The acquisition of knowledge and skills enable the students to gain a high global awareness.
The course format will be a mixture of lectures, assignments and class discussion. No prior coursework is required.
|Teaching method||Lectures, workshops, project work|
|Assessment||Continuous assessment and final test|
|Syllabus update/created||September 2017: PDF Download|
|Faculty||Professor Dr. Mechthild Schrooten
Department of Economics
Hochschule Bremen - HSB/Germany
Lecturers for Cross-cultural Management and German Language / Hochschule Bremen
Certificate / transcript of records
At the end of the course a certificate of attendance and transcript of records will be issued to each participant.
Successful participants can earn 4 credit hours - US / 8 credit points-ECTS.
The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students. Students of economics, business studies, management studies and interested persons. Minimum age 18 years.
For information concerning the accommodation please see "room and board".
Tram and bus ticket
As a participant in the International Summer School on arrival you will receive a ticket for public transport (tram + bus) for the duration of the course. With this ticket you can use all trams and buses within the city of Bremen. For travels on the night trams/buses on the weekend a surcharge of EURO 1 per ride is due.
- Internet access / wifi within the university /HSB is available to every participant.
- During the entire stay tutors of the Hochschule Bremen will be available and will take care of participants’ needs.
An attractive and colourful supporting program provides participants with ample opportunities to discover Bremen, Germany and Europe (in part subject to charge).
- guided city tour
- welcome and farewell parties
- leisure activities
- excursions and trips
For more information please see "supporting program".
For the duration of your stay in Germany we recommend taking out a health and accident insurance policy as well as a third party insurance. The Hochschule Bremen will not be liable for any costs arising in the case of either sickness or injury.
Summer school fees do not include any insurance coverage.
|8 July – 2 August||EURO 900||Registration|
* The course fee includes:
- information packet with city guide
- Seminars and lectures
- Teaching material
- Program related excursion
- Ticket for public transport in Bremen (bus+tram)
* The course fee excludes:
- Travel expenses
- Accommodation in Bremen
- Health and liability insurance
- Board and personal spendings
- Participation in optional activities
The program may be subject to change.